WPC General information
In construction applications, the most relevant properties are strength, stiffness, dimensional and thermal stability, time-dependent behaviour and weight.
The major components of a WPC compound have different functions:
- The polymer matrix encapsulates and protects the fibre particles.
- The fibre particles themselves support the structure.
- The formulations may consist of colour/UV protection, biocide, antioxidants, lubricants, stabilisers and coupling agents.
Wood flour mesh size
Optimal size of 60 mesh increases:
- The flexural properties of PP by a factor of 3 on modulus
- Strength by 25%
Lubricants & Coupling agents
Lubricants are used to improve surface quality and increase output rates through reduced friction.
Coupling agents are used to improve strength through improved material dispersion and increased interfacial bonding.
Raw Material Requirements
- Mesh size between 60 and 100 required
- Moisture content <8%
- Possible use of waste material
- Virgin material is easier to control
- Recycled polymers – Eco Friendly
- Surface finish and throughput improvements
- Strength improvements
- Twin Conical Screw Extruder
- Screw design to suit PE – WPC material at up to 150 kgs/hr
- Feed hopper and dosing motor.
- Vacuum Vented Barrel
- 37kW AC Main Motor with ABB frequency inverter speed control.
- Siemens PLC control system.
Vacuum Calibrating Table
Haul-Off & Cutter Unit
Two Track Haul-Off Unit
- Motor 1.5 KW
- Max. Cutting width: 240mm
- Power of Dust Extraction Motor: 0.75 KW
- PLC control
- 400mm diameter alloy steel sawblade for cutting WPC profile
Stacker Table – Length of stacker: 6m